Gadgets, apps and plenty of other shiny things you probably don’t need– Cellular Chloe is here to share the latest and greatest wireless wonders!
Typing words into Google is so last year. Even speech to text to search
Google is so five minutes ago! The hip way to search now is with a picture! Whoever first said “A picture is worth a thousand words” must have time traveled to see what Google had to offer.
Here are a few apps that will enable you to use your phones’ camera to get all the information you need and then some about a subject that you took a picture of.
Since Google is a powerhouse of knowledge, having an app that will check algorythms against their database of images will allow you to scan almost any picture and identify it (unless you are trying to identify yourself in a selfie!) I have used it to identify plants to avoid, like poison ivy as well as plants I wanted to buy like lemongrass. You can alos snap a picture out of a magazine, the cover of a book or a CD or even artwork. This app is fantastic. Android Apple
- Scan barcodes using Goggles to get product information
- Scan QR codes using Goggles to extract information
- Recognize famous landmarks
- Translate by taking a picture of foreign language text
- Add Contacts by scanning business cards or QR codes
- Scan text using Optical Character Recognition (OCR)
- Recognize paintings, books, DVDs, CDs, and just about any 2D image
- Solve Sudoku puzzles
- Find similar products
Ever have a glass of wine at a bar or a party you wanted to remember so you could buy it for yourself? Vinino will let you scan the label and retrieve all the information you’ll want to know, like ratings, price and info about the winery. More importantly, you can save all your scans for future reference.
- Take a photo and get to know any wine in seconds
- Remember wines and explore more of them
- Get personalized wine recommendations
- Share experiences and be inspired by friends
- Find the best rated wines in nearby shops
Have you driven by a house on a weekend that was close to what your dream house might look like and want to know the deets right away? Snap a picture in Homesnap and let your phone do the rest.
- Get 20% more agent-listed homes than national portals
- The same MLS data used by real estate agents
- Add search filters like neighborhood, price, beds, baths, etc.
- Get notified when new real estate listings meet your exact criteria
- Log in to see your saved searches and faves across all devices
- Connect with your own agent or one of our local pros
Free for REALTORS:
- See your connected clients’ snaps in real-time
- Your brand on every home your clients see
- Your clients can contact you directly with one tap
Greenscan is a barcode scanner like no other! This mobile app that scans the barcode label on your favorite fruits and vegetables and discovers all the logistics of it’s trip from the tree to your store!
- Discover how produce tastes and how to properly select it
- Learn nutrition information
- Get tasty recipe ideas
- Meet the growers
Last but certainly not least is the mobile app for best shopping site ever. essentially the app is just the mobile version of Amazon’s shopping app but it has a unique feature of allowing you to snap a photo to use in searching for an item. Using the photos below as an example, I took a photo of an SD card and used it in my search. The next screen gives me a few buying options of the photo I sent.
Next time you are about to ask Siri a question, think about how much more info your camera might fetch for you!