You know how annoying it is when people a lot younger than you complain about being old?
Maybe this will help.
We now have an OFFICIAL GUIDE to getting old. A new survey came up with a list of the signs you’re GETTING OLD.
The top five are: Feeling stiff, groaning when you bend down, saying “It wasn’t like that when I was young”, saying “Back in my day” and losing your hair.
Yep, I’m OFFICIALLY OLD, but, hey, I didn’t lose my hair, just FOUND (and purchased) new long, flowing locks. LOL!
Anyway, read on!
The survey asked people to name the signs you’re getting old. Here are the top 15. So if these don’t apply to you, you’re not as old as you think :
1. Feeling stiff. (Wait, wouldn’t guys say that’s a GOOD THING?)
2. Groaning when you bend down. (And, I’d say WOMEN would think THIS was a good thing. See #1 if you’re confused.)
3. Saying, “It wasn’t like that when I was young.” (Ok, this is just pure geezer.)
4. Saying, “Back in my day.” (Yeah, OLD.)
5. Losing your hair. (But you can always buy NEW hair, so what’s the difference?!)
6. Not recognizing any songs in the Top 10. (Um, I work at a radio station and I STILL don’t know songs in Top 10, guess I’m OLD!)
7. Hairy ears, bushy eyebrows, and extra nose and facial hair. (NEVER, EVER LET THIS HAPPEN!)
8. Hating noisy bars and restaurants. (Yeah, I’d rather be home with a good book!)
9. Talking a lot about your joints, or your day-to-day aches and pains. (Well, my Plantar Fasciitis HAS flared up again…)
10. Forgetting people’s names. (Who are you… wait… who am I???)
11. Choosing clothes and shoes for comfort over style. (My clothes are comfy AND comfy! Tee hee…I mean, comfy AND cute!)
12. Thinking cops, teachers, and doctors look young. (THEY DO, DAMN IT!)
13. Falling asleep in front of the TV. (ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ)
14. Needing an afternoon nap. (I need one now.)
15. Finding you have no idea what young people are talking about. (And really, who cares what they’re talking about? Or understands them for that matter: TTYL, LOL, BYB, LOL, LMFAO, YPIBY, WTF??????!!!!)