My Foolproof Guide To Saving Your Ruined Thanksgiving Meal
Uh-oh, you’ve just ruined the turkey, stuffing and well..the whole Thanksgiving meal. Don’t cry! You CAN save this dinner…with a little imagination and creativity and yes, alcohol too. Follow these simple steps and your family will NEVER know you can’t cook.
1. DON’T throw away anything… you’ll see why later.
3. Studies show that people remember bad food and bad music at events. Well, we will cover the food in a second…but for now, find some awesome music and put it on STAT. Not sure what to play? There’s a really cool app for both Apple and Android called “Songza”. It’s free, and it asks you what your occasion is, then it puts together a playlist for you!!!! Done and Done!
4. Take that nasty appetizer you made and re-purpose it. Fix it up like you fixed yourself up. Put it in a fancy bowl, surround it with yummy crackers. Do the same with ALL your disasters. Simply put them on lovely china, make it all APPEAR to be savory. Take out the crystal and the silverware and make the table a culinary art work. Pull out the candles and the flowers…you know how to impress!
5. VERY IMPORTANT STEP: Open the wine…have the alcohol ready for the first guest to the last. The MOMENT they arrive, say, “May I offer you something to drink?” They’ll be so blinded by your manners and GLAMOROUS style that they’ll have no choice but to accept!
6. Serve your appetizers to your well ‘cooked’ family….they will see how lovely the presentation is and they will think it’s THEIR taste buds that are off. If they question it’s deliciousness, take a bite yourself and shrug your shoulders saying, “it’s great…there’s nothing wrong with it.”
7. When all else fails, blame the kids.
Hey, there’s always Boston Market… Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!