Today is National Text Your Ex Day. Whether you’re on good terms with your ex or never want to see the guy again, here are 10 lyrics for the occasion.
1. We are never ever getting back together.
So he burned you bad, we get it. And even though you said you’d NEVER under any circumstances reach out to him again, today you get a pass. So go ahead, tell him how you really feel.
2. Now you’re just somebody that I used to know.
Gotye expressed his frustrations in his breakthrough track “Somebody That I Used To Know.” This song has a ton of classic heavy hitting lines so if you’re not keen on the chorus try one of the many other cutting lyrics like, “I’ll admit I was glad it was over.” Ouch.
3. Since you been gone, I can breathe for the first time. I’m so moving on. Thanks to you, now I get what I want.
The queen of breakup anthems, leave it to Kelly Clarkson to provide so many quality lyrics to send that ex that you don’t miss. So, after you tear up the photos and throw out everything of his you can finally move on. After that one text, of course.
4. It’s gonna take a miracle to bring me back. And you’re the one to blame.
Rihanna has had her share of heartbreak and she channels this all in her song “Rehab” featuring Justin Timberlake. Sometimes at the end of a relationship you realize there’s just no going back.
5. You had your turn now you’re gonna learn what it’s really like to lose me.
Beyonce provides the ultimate kiss off in this classic and you can too. After all, if he liked it than he “shoulda put a ring on it.”
6. Call me, maybe?
Okay. We get it. Sometimes it’s not always your decision to breakup. While you most likely didn’t just meet your ex maybe an open invitation will convince him to give you a ring. It can’t hurt to try, right?
7. I’ll find someone like you. I wish nothing but the best for you too.
For the one that got away. Sometimes all you want to wish them is the best in life, and that’s not always a bad thing.
8. Why can’t you see, you belong with me?
Sometimes an ex isn’t just an ex. There might be time to rekindle that romance, so why not type Taylor’s words in a text?
9. In another life I would make you stay so I don’t have to say you were the one that got away.
After a breakup it’s only natural to feel like they’re the one that got away. Let him know. It’s text your ex day after all.
10. I want your love. I don’t want to be friends.
Just because it was a bad romance, doesn’t mean it has to be over. Take a cue from Lady Gaga and see what texting a few of her lyrics will do for you.
-Annie Reuter, CBS Local