11. The Oprah Winfrey Show has won a total 48 Emmy Awards, and after winning her seventh Emmy for Outstanding Talk Show Host, Oprah decided to stop submitting her name for consideration. Really, it would just be unfair to the others.
12. In 1998, Oprah took voice lessons in order to sing the lyrics to her new theme song “Run On” and also produced the only music video for it — a moment that made one of her “what was I thinking” moments on her final season.
13. Music superstars including [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Paul Simon[/lastfm], [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Quincy Jones[/lastfm] and [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Patti LaBelle[/lastfm] have written lyrics for Oprah theme songs over the years.
14. About 21, 000 audience members showed up for Oprah’s Season 24 Kick-Off Party tapings on Michigan Ave in Chicago, making them the largest audience in the show’s history.
15. Oprah revealed a surprising family secret during her final season, when discovering she had a half-sister named Patricia she never knew about.