Sweet Peeps Casserole
Also from Terri’s Peep Hut is probably the most common sense recipe (besides the s’more) we’ve seen as of yet. A sweet potato casserole using Peeps instead of marshmallows. Brilliant!
- 1 pack of Marshmallow Peeps Christmas Trees or Snowmen
- 5 sweet potatoes, sliced
- 2 cups margarine
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
1. Preheat over to 350 degrees.
2. Place sweet potatoes in a large saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil and cook until tender (about 15 minutes).
3. Remove potatoes from heat, drain and mash.
4. Place mashed sweet potatoes in large bowl, and use an electric mixer to blend with margarine, brown sugar, orange juice and cinnamon.
5. Spread evenly into a 9″ x 13″ baking dish. Top with Marshmallow Peeps Holiday Shapes.
6. Bake for 25 – 30 minutes or until heated through and marshmallows are puffed and toasted.
[Source: Terri's Peep Hut]