Frederick M. Brown/Getty Images
TMZ learned of the divorce this morning, and even obtained the divorce papers for proof!
Simpson cited the standard “irreconcilable differences” in her reasons for dissolving the marriage, which lasted nearly three years.
The couple married in May 2008 with no prenuptial agreement and had a son, Bronx, who is now 2. Simpson seeks joint legal custody of their son.
“After careful consideration, we have made the difficult decision to file for divorce,” the couple said in a statement released Wednesday.
“We remain friends and deeply committed and loving parents to our son Bronx, whose happiness and well-being remains our number one priority. We ask that everyone honor our privacy as we navigate this next phase of our lives.”
Are you surprised at this news? Did you think the Ashlee Simpson – Pete Wentz marriage was going to last? Let us know in the comments!
Where to next?
- Log in to your Mix Freeloaders account
- Check out the latest Mix Music News
- Listen to Karson & Kennedy highlights from this morning
- Enter to win Mix prizes online
- Get a list of songs Mix played this hour
- Check out the Mix 104.1 Photo Gallery