1. Dave was working as a bartender in Virginia in 1990 when a lawyer friend convinced him to record a few tracks he had written for a demo. One year later they were recording their first studio demo.
2. Almost unheard of these days, but DMB still allows fans to record most of the live shows and also allows those recordings to be traded without profit.
3. Their latest album, Big Whiskey and the GrooGrux King debuted at number one on Billboard charts, giving them their fifth consecutive number one debut.
4. There are a few stories on how the band got its name…a miscommunicated phone call, a pre-made flyer that was too late to change…but regardless of how they got the name….it sure is better than one of the original thoughts…”Dumela” which means hello in language popular in South Africa.
5. In 2011, the band is taking the entire year off. It will mark the first time in 20 years that the band will not be touring. They will be spending time with family and working on side projects.
BONUS: So what does that mean for you???…. Just another reason to listen to 96.5 ‘TIC all weekend for a chance to win tickets to see them at the Comcast Theater, May 28th.
“Keep the Music Loud and Your Parents Proud” -randy