5 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Bon Jovi
1. Jon Bon Jovi is un-credited as an actor in the movie Young Guns II “Blaze of Glory”, but is listed as one of the movie’s composers. Bonus: The director, Emilio Estevez wanted Jon to let him use their hit song “Wanted Dead or Alive in the film. Jon wrote a new one instead, of course…the title track. It went to #1 and earned Jon a Grammy and Academy Award Nominations.
2. “Livin` On A Prayer” ranked #1 on VH1`s list of The 100 Greatest Songs Of The Eighties….Tommy who works on the docks, and Gina who works the diner all day wouldn’t disagree. HA!
3. Back in 2006, Bon Jovi, along with the wonderful voice of Sugarland’s Jennifer Nettles, became the first rock band to ever…have a number one hit on the country charts…. Yee Haw!
4. After the success of “Slippery When Wet” in 1987 Jon and Richie Sambora were asked to help produce a ‘comeback’ album for Cher. They co-wrote and sang back-up on “We All Sleep Alone”. Bonus: They also co-produced her multi-platinum album “Heart of Stone” two years later.
5. In honor of their 20 years as a band, and the selling of their 100 millionth album they released the box set “100,000,000 Bon Jovi Fans Can’t Be Wrong”. Did you know the title is a tribute to Elvis Presley’s “50,000,000 Elvis Fans Can’t be Wrong”?
Double Bonus: Did you know we have VIP tickets to meet the band and see their show at Mohegan Sun Friday March 26th. Listen for two (2) Bon Jovi songs back to back on 96-5 ‘TIC all weekend (3/20, 3/21) for your chance to win. Good Luck and thanks for listening!