Christine Lee

christine Christine Lee

Wake up weekday mornings to 96.5 TIC to hear Christine Lee with Craig and Company on 96.5 TIC!

Christine Lee joined Craig & Company in 1996 where she has been baby sitting Gary Craig and John Elliott! In 2001, Christine took a few years off to start a family with her husband, George and in 2005–4 years and 2 children later–she rejoined the crew! Christine graduated from the University of Nebraska with a degree in Journalism and Mass Communication. She was born in Stillwater, Oklahoma but spent 18 years in Europe as an Air Force “Brat”. Christine and her parents–retired USAF Colonel–Richard Lee and mom, Linda–lived in Italy, England, Germany, Turkey, Greece and Spain. While living in Germany, Christine interned at Armed Forces Radio and Television Service–and that’s when she decided radio was the career for her! She has worked in radio since 1990 as a DJ, Program Director, Music Director and Morning Show Co-Host.

Christine loved growing up in a military family and is thankful to have traveled so much but she says the best part of her life is right here, right now with her husband, 2 sons and 2 dogs! Holy Houseful!

Comments

1. Maryann Garza says:

Christine,
    I was listening to your banter about dirty dancing. I have know problem with dirty dancing. I have chaperone several of my daughters dances. The dancing they are talking about. The girls basically getting down on all fours and the guys pouncing on the back side doggy style. It’s just makes the girls look degraded.

2. Leo says:

Christine is my favorite morning radio personality that I listen to (As i don’t live anywhere close to CT) via the internet. She is an unparalleled talent that is obviously underappreciated. The Show should certainly be changed to Chris and Company as she deserves top billing. If it wouldn’t cause my wife to divorce me and subsequently leave me homeless and my life in shambles, I would get Christine’s likeness tatooed on my left shoulder blade. My right shoulder blade has the Nebraska Husker “N” already tattooed there. Obviously, I got the Husker “N” tattooed there as a seceret homage to Christine since it’s her alma mater. Keep rocking the internet with the soothing sounds of 96.5 TIC FM and Christine Lee my radio heroine.

3. Jody says:

WOW – Congratulations to all the leprechaun racers. I was just looking at the pictures you have on line and it brought back some memories. My son Tyler (who is going to be 13 in May) was the winner of the leprechaun race in 1998. What a fun day that was – we still have all the pictures, videos, newspaper clippings, etc.

4. Maya says:

Two accused bank robbers might have just been trying to save time when they called ahead and demanded that the bank have the cash ready when they got there. But placing and order for cash didn’t get them far.

Albert Bailey, 27, and a 16-year-old, both from Bridgeport, called People’s United Bank on Stratfield Road about 10 minutes before they came to rob it on Tuesday afternoon, the Connecticut Post reports.

“You can’t make this stuff up,” Sgt. James Perez, Fairfield police spokesman, told the Post. “They literally called the bank and said to have the bag of money ready on the floor because they’re coming to rob the place.”

5. Ann says:

I have triplets in 2nd grade (2 boys and a girl). They are all good students but by boys have engergy to burn!! It’s perfectly normal!! When they are home we have them run laps around the outside of the house to burn energy. They love it!!

6. Michele says:

Christine

dont worry, I sat thru many parent conferences about my son, he was class clown, snored in kindergarten, made the kids laugh…hell he made me laugh. dont worry. by high school he was using his humor to lead the cross country and track teams and he was a standout! he got a running scholarship to George Mason and is doing well. When your son one day fidgets in the privacy of his own succesful office or business this will matter not! hang in there…he quieted down after 3rd grade but it wal always in him waiting to get out! it makes them who they are.

7. Beth says:

When my son was in 2nd grade he also had the “ants in my pants” issue. After some brainstorming it was decideded that he would be the classroom “messenger” When the teacher saw him getting fidgity she would have him either take a note to designated teacher in the school or go “help” the principal with a project. It gave him a chance to work off some energy without having him stand out. Good Luck!

8. Michaela says:

Good Morning…I heard your show yesterday about your son having issues in school yesterday..I just saw on the ” Today ” show a Dr. was talking about signs parents should look for. We were told by my son’s 2nd grade teacher that he should be tested for ADD. We did, by our Dr. and she said yes across the board w/ all the symptoms. Can’t stil still…easily distracted..etc His energy is part of his personality. I didn’t want meds. to take that away. I hear from other Mom’s wo decided to medicate their kids they become a different person. Our son is in 5th grade and we see he is maturing more. All I can say is hold steady to your beliefs and don’t let any Dr. tell you you NEED to medicate him. Good Luck!

9. Judy says:

Hi Christine,
    Listen to your show everyday. While listen this morning about the hawks, I thought I would tell you our experience. My brother passed last year, the day he passed the family gathered at my house. When everyone was there a hawk landed on the roof of my car in the driveway and just sat there for a minute. It was an amazing sight to see the hawk so close just sitting on the roof of my car. We all agreed it was a sign from my brother. It has been a year and we often see hawks when we are all together and I often see them in my backyard. Amazing!

10. Jackie says:

I missed the begining of S.Northrup’s visit and the hawks. Enlighten me: significance. I think a happening today is unbelievable.

11. Erica says:

That guy you were talking about this morning(gene I think) he has issues with the beagle taking Up space in the bed ? He must have had Insecurity issues before the dog started sharing the bed. We have a Tiny beagle too and if we want alone time, we kick her out, like the kids! Married 21 years and it works if make it work ;0)

12. Nancy says:

Regarding Obama abd Arlington wreath please see:

13. Ken says:

Hey Christine, I don’t know if you rmember Jen and I when you lived on our block in Cromwell, but I was the young guy who had the heart attack, anyway our daughter Jazzlyn 13 is a singer songwriter, and we just wanted you to check out her first video called summer freedom.Take a look she writes all her songs, music and lyrics etc.

14. Charlie says:

How about having an updated picture with your bio,current haircut looks great

15. Alice says:

Christine. This morning I was watching regis and kelly. They were looking radio personalities that would be a good fit on the show. I nominated you. After all those years of being around Gary and John I thought you would be more than able to hold your own with Regis. I hope you tell you listeners to nominate you too. I think you would be great. Keep up the great work
    Alice

16. Caitlyn says:

Christine – I spent a lot of time growing up with 96.5 in the morning and now I live in VA, where there is nothing like you guys. Is there any other way for me to listen (Podcasts, iheart Radio, etc) other than your website? Sometimes work filters the site and I can’t get it to load… any help would be appreciated! I am super homesick!!

17. Edward & Eileen says:

Hello Christine,
    Just wanted to pop in and say hello. Wanted to mention that my family had a great time in our recent vacation and hope that it was the same for you. Congratulations on your show, becoming a fan instantly. Regards to Geroge.

Edward & Eileen

18. kim georgiades says:

i was listening to you this morning talking about your kids and your 3 dogs… one of them a pug dog!!!! i have a pug dog names olivia and they are like kids… the forever toddler…. i would have a punch if i had the time and money!!! i listen to you guys every morning and i think you guys are great… thanks so much for making my morning go so fast while i work!!!

19. Judy says:

Hey girl, remember the episode in Sex In The City when Samatha’s boy toy gets fully naked in a play in Brooklyn? Well girl, I went to a play at the Hole in the Wall theatre in New Britain Saturday and OMG! Full frontal by a few cast members. U have to c it. And because it is a by donation only place, they don’t have money to advertise. You need to if you can, put do a Samantha and promote this you will not regret it. btw, Please say hi to Gary. I was the noon workout chick for your competition when I first met him ( Judy Rodriguez)

Luv ya

20. Amanda says:

Heard you talking about Lady Gaga songs this morning, try playing ‘Alejandro” next to Ace of Base’s “All that she wants”
    Love you guys!

21. Debbie says:

Christine,
    Hi, Love the show. Get’s me going in the mornings. What really drives me crazy about the whole Muslim crap that’s been on the news recently is that if most Americans knew shit about the world’s religions, they would realize that fundamentally all religions boil down to some pretty basic common ethical principals about what we need to do and not do to just get along with each other. Truth be spoken, the ethical standards laid out by the world’s great religions are not all that different.
    Let us consider something you are probably familiar with if you went to any Christian Sunday school called the Golden Rule. Remember that. It goes like this “Whatever you wish that men would do to you, do so to them.” Bible, Matthew 7:12

Well, here is how Muslims express the same wisdom: Islam—Not one of you is a believer until he loves for his brother what he loves for himself. Forty Hadith of an-Nawawi 13
    Pick your religion—same thing:
    Buddhism—Comparing oneself to others in such terms as “Just as I am so are they, just as they are so am I,” he should neither kill nor cause others to kill. Sutta Nipta 705
    Confucianism—Try your best to treat others as you would wish to be treated yourself and you will find that is the shortest way to benevolence. Mencius VII.A4 and Tsetung asked, “Is there one word that can serve as a principle of conduct for life?” Confucius replied, “It is the word shu—reciprocity: Do not do to others what you do not want them to do to you.” Analects 15.23

Hinduism—One should not behave towards others in a way which is disagreeable to oneself. This is the essence of morality. All other activities are due to selfish desire. Mahabharata, Anusasana Parva 113.8

Jainism—A man should wander about treating all creatures as he himself would be treated.

Judaism—When he went to Hillel, he said to him, “What is hateful to you, do not do to your neighbor: that is the whole Torah; all the rest of it is commentary; go and learn.” Talmud, Shabbat 31a.
    Here is how my first grade teacher put it: Try to get along, share, and always use your inside voice.
    Enough said.
    If we, as adults would just followed the same rules we “tell” our children (myself included) this world would be a much kinder, more tolerant and forgiving place for all nationalities and religions to live. I guess that’s the whole problem though, we just TELL them and don’t LIVE IT!!

22. Randi Ashton-Pritting says:

Christine,

I was listening this morning at 5:30ish and wanted to thank you for everything you said about libraries. Libraries are amazing places with amazing staff! If you ever would like for a couple of really cool librarians talk on your show — please let me know. It would be great.

Sincerely,

Randi Ashton-Pritting
    Director, University Hartford Libraries
    Past President of Connecticut Library Association

23. I was listening this morning at about 8:30 and you all were talking about how people go through mid life crisis earlier. You made a comment about the cause being facebook. I too HAD been in a funk and found myself earlier this year in a downward spiral and thought there was no way out. My crisis at 36. I found a friend on facebook from high school and her icky pictures inspired me soo much, i was able to climb out of my funk and begin a new life and career with her as my inspiration. Check out her story attached and my video I just posted on facebook, twitter and You Tube. I am on my journey and even though I don’t like some of the pictures in my video, I know I will never go there again and hope to help others find happiness in fitness and a healthy lifestyle. Paying it forward is what it is all about. PS & BTW – The show Rocks and I love listening to your banter. It moves me to tears some mornings.

24. Thomas says:

Just saw your video of target practice. Nice job! And by the way, I’ve often heard you, Gary, John talking about losing weight etc. You look really good. If you are on a weight loss plan, then it worked. Good for you and your hard work.

25. Cheryl Steciak says:

Hi Christine, this morning 10/14 you mentioned a documentary coming this Sunday about our guys in Afghanistan. I looked on the Cinema City Movie Theater site and didn’t see anything. I guess they moved and are now called CC Palace. But would you let me know the name of this again? I think all adults should go.
    Thanks
    Cheryl Steciak
    long time listener.

1. 96.5 TIC says:

Hi Cheryl-

Check out Restrepo!

26. Jo says:

ok so somehow this morning I wondered to myself if you are still in contact with that crazy woman Cheryl J. and then almost an hour later you guys play the phoney phones/crank calls…that was totally weird! I know this email is now a waste of your time and my hands but it was just really strange that today of all days something triggered her name in my head and I had to let you know! What is that sense called? Intuition? Psychosis? Anwyay, have a sparkling day!

27. jen says:

Christine,
    The “Ping” is in the song. Each time I hear it, I think something is going on in my car, glad you hear it too

28. Darin says:

I was just listening to you guys discuss the beeps in the Pink song. I hear high pitched beeps throughout the song, not just at the point where they were enhancing it. Just thought I’d back you up – you’re not nuts, they are! 😉

29. Jennifer D. says:

I hope this stunt with Ashley has made you realize it is time to stop this foolishness. She is just a child still and all she wanted from you cuckolds was some attention. Mr X got one thing wrong. He said she would have trouble with showbiz relationships, wrong ! She will have trouble with all her relationships, She is nuts !!!!!

30. David R. says:

Christine, in reference to your annoyance about the Pink song (Raise your Glass) – I hear those high-pitched squeeks too. This is different than the one at 2:30 on the song – that is a lower pitch. Only two guys at my work can hear it – Myself and one other.

31. Katie says:

Christine,

Not sure how to contact you other than call during the show, but I am the one who one the Jonas Bros. guitar at the Fight Back. I haven’t heard from anyone. Can you please follow up on this and get back to me. I do not have any of the contact names and would have loved to give this as a Christmas gift.
    Thanks!

1. Christine Lee says:

I know that the Jonas Brother’s guitar took a few weeks to get to you, but I think it stands to mention that the Jonas Brothers Management flew the guitar to LA and then had it personally driven and delivered to your house BEFORE Christmas. A big thank you is in order, for sure.

32. Ricardo Gonzalez says:

I think you guys are great.And you inspire me to come to work just so i could listen to all you guys,so i thank every single person in that studio.FYI i think your beautiful a real doll.

33. Robin Bahre says:

Christine,
    Do you still have the Mickey Mantle photo on your Facebook page?
    I friended you so I could see it. I could not see to find it on the web.
    Thanks for your reply/

1. Christine Lee says:

yes, just look for the link! or google the words Mikey Mantel lockerroom picture!

34. Suzanne says:

Morning Christine, First I would like to thank you all. I live in Watertown NY which is about 20 min. from Kingston Canada so I’m pretty far up there. I have lived here about 17yrs now but am originally from CT which is where I got my love for you guys in the morning. I Just wanted to say good morning and let you know that if Ct would just do what we do up here in snow country which is cut the snowbanks by using cutters that cut them back then throw the snow in to dumptrucks that are traveling with them you could see to turn corners again. Anyway anytime you want to know whats going on up in this neck of the woods you just drop me an email and I’ll hop right on here and send you a quick reply. I’m up by 8:30 sometimes early but I’ll check my email first in case there is anything you need. Miss Hftd… miss you guys and thank god for technology and Yahoo for making it possible to hear you guys again. Kinda wish our radio stations up here even came close you you all! Sue

35. June says:

Hi Christing – Love the show; been listening to it since the early 80s!!! Boy am I dating myself!! (:-)))) My questions are (I’d emailed Gary a long time ago, but didn’t hear back), is the show syndicated? If so, in what areas & how would I find out if the show’s available near the AZ/NV border in the Bullhead City, AZ & Laughlin, NV area? I’ll be retiring there soon & while I look forward to the good weather, I don’t want to miss my fav radio show. Thanx!! Luv all of you. Keep up the good work & humor.

36. susan maniscalco says:

Christine, glad you are back. You are the only woman who puts Gary in his place. All of you together make a great team. I understand you have a pug. We had two pugs Molly and Buster; Molly lived to 13 1/2 and Buster till 11 years old. We now have two mini schnauzers, Bella and Oliver.They are a trip but I do miss the pugs.

37. Phyllis Tkacz says:

Could you please let me know the name of the organization that takes in better work clothes for women trying to get back into the workforce but need appropriate clothes and shoes. Thanks.

1. Jennifer Furgerson says:

Hi Phyllis,

The organization is called Dress for Success. The web address is http://www.dressforsuccess.org/hartford

38. Sarah says:

Hi Christine,

I love listening to you guys every morning! Any chance you can bring back the bit you and Gary would do when you spoke Italian headlines? I loved that bit.

Take care. Sarah

39. Marion C says:

Hi Christine: Long time listener love the show. i have heard you talk about how much you love your Doctor. I am looking for a new Doctor and I know you mentioned his name was Banerjee, but there are a couple of them What is his first name? Thanks Marion

40. Sarra says:

Hey Christine!
    First of all, love the show & it’s not the same unless you’re there!
    I’m messaging because I’d REALLY like that “voicemail for losers” number! I suppose I should have called in for it, but I’m out now and have the perfect candidate for it…. Won’t take “no number for you!” for an answer! Help!

41. Andy says:

RE : square aircraft windows

Early on in the history of flight there were restrictions on how high a plane could fly due to hypoxia ( lack of breathable oxygen ). Square windows weren’t stressed to the point of failure at those altitudes. The advent of pressurized flight allowed planes to fly higher and provide a comfortable artificial environment where it feels like the passenger is at 8000 ft instead of 30000 feet. This is when those windows failed.

This same pressurization process also contributes to the flexing of the aircraft ” skin ” as it creates a possative internal pressure inside the plane pushing on the outer skin ( all for our comfort ). The PSID ( per square inch differential) is about 8 in a commercial aircraft.

When there is a hole blown open in the fuselage of an airplane things don’t get sucked out they are pushed out.

42. Cheryl says:

just thought you might want to share….
    regarding the news story on what’s stopping kids from buying alcohol at self checkouts – i have never purchased alcohol at self check-out, however, i did try to buy Dayquil a couple weeks ago, and when i scanned it, a voice said “identification is required to purchase this item” and then it said someone would assist me shortly or something. I think the light started to blink too. pretty funny. just thought you may want to share.

43. nancy p says:

you crack me up every morning especially when the three of you go at it about whatever. you can always make me laugh. keep it up we all need to laugh more especially these days.

44. Kathy says:

Christina: I have enjoyed listening to your show with the crew every morning. Thursday am during Gary’s crank call to the Indian restaurant owner I was hysterical and almost hit the car it front of me. “good morning Indian’ I love you” was such a funny experience that I giggled at everything all day, but most of all I have not had a laugh like that in five years. Thank you all a great show every am and “I love you too” Kathy

45. Cathy says:

How about “http://www.thedinosaurplace.com/”

46. Christine, I heard you talking about Google+ on the radio this week and wasn’t sure if you wanted an invite to join? If you would like one I will send you one… just email me privately. And NO…. Gary can’t have one! Lol.

47. Karen D says:

I would like to see what you look like in your hairs natural colour!

48. Christine Lee says:

Hello Christine-

Just wanted to tell you I love listening to your show….and the fact that we share the same name has nothing to do with it…(though I wont lie – when asked “Are you the Christine Lee on the radio???” I only reply “yes” if it gets me a discount…… Christine Lee

(You are a WAY hotter mamma than I could ever hope to be:):)